- If the last year were a movie of your life, what would the genre be? Drama, romance, adventure, comedy, tragedy, or a combination?
- What were the two or three major themes that kept recurring? These can be single words or phrases.
- What did you accomplish this past year that you are the most proud of? These can be in any area of your life—spiritual, relational, vocational physical, etc. Be as specific as possible.
- What do you feel you should have been acknowledged for but weren’t? Okay, this is a little too personal for me to respond to directly.
- What disappointments or regrets did you experience this past year? As leaders, we naturally have high expectations of ourselves and others. Where did you let yourself down? Where did you let others down?
- What was missing from last year as you look back? Again, look at each major area of your life. Don’t focus now on having to do anything about it. For now, just list each item.
- What were the major life-lessons you learned this past year? Boil this down to a few short, pithy statements.
#1 - Adventure
#2 - Relationships, Process
#3 - Deepening relationships
#4 - Not sure...not sure I'd tell if I were.
#5 - Discipline in reading & health
#6 - More time with family on vacation
#7 - In view of eternity...