made it home from the boro (statesboro, ga) - great trip, great conference, great time!
some highlights from this weekend:
- todd and i had a great time kickin it together all the way down the road to the boro - lots of time to talk whilst traveling the roads lined with pine trees - btw, those that say we're overpopulating the earth, RIDE WITH ME sometime - i'll show you plenty of back road country that is not even close to being overpopulated!
- had krystals on the way down - wanna guess the nickname for krystal burgers? it's funny that todd called it ?????? - but even funnier that when we got there nick called them by the same name
- todd was up first and brought the passion for first impression - as if! did you think he wouldn't? anyway, great job of stirring people up to begin to think like a guest, evaluate ministry and function and start getting it right
- first night nick talked about cultural evangelism - great content and delivery - btw, in all my research, i'm pretty sure it wasn't timmy, it was jason that fell in the well (episode #87).
- seriously, nick and todd set the bar high and really did a great job of delivering the content!
- on another note, travis and his crew had the church looking great! they really went out of the way to demonstrate excellence in every stinkin think they did - great job gang and thanks for making us feel so welcomed (and the gift basket in the hotel room was an awesome touch - really made me and my family feel appreciated and filled the "snacky void" that we had at times)
- after service friday night, Estamos envueltos hasta el viernes por la noche con una celebración de nuestra herencia familiar
- saturday my wife and kids along with todd's family all rolled in - so great to have them there with us!
- i spent some time saturday just before lunch talking about 8 ways to evaluate ministry - i'll be sharing those throughout this week - check back every day for a new post
- my second talk on saturday was on transferring vision - communicating vision to your church and giving them some 'handles' to get a grip on vision - i'll share some of those in the future...
- sunday i sneaked over to fumc in stateboro to listen to my sister lead worship and my brother-in-lay lay down the word in the 9:01 service, then it was over to alwc to be with them for the sunday service - todd was there early to provide some on-sight coaching with his first impressions people - great give and take discussion about some "why" issues...
- travis brought a great message, the worship was really good, and the people were "with him" the entire time - i'll say what i said on friday night, this church is going to be a difference-maker in statesboro and a flagship church in the georgia conference - i believe in the pastor and his wife, i believe in his leaders and i believe in his vision - God...make it happen - amen!