- my boss suffered a heart attack (or really, really close) this time last week - thank God, his life was spared - he felt it occurring, drove himself to the hospital, checked in and they immediately began working on him - he was out by wednesday - seriously, some of you have been praying and i thank you! also, thanks to our Father whose hand was on him the entire time! he'll be back in the groove of things shortly...
- spent today at our soon-to-be-church in habersham county (His Was Assembly of Praise) - great service! they've had a challenging week and several months - they had 86 people in attendance and are about 5 months or so old - looking forward to working with them in the future - great pastor and church. enjoyed some excellent mexican food and now have another mexican restaurant to my encyclopedia of fine mexican dining
- speaking of that - cinco de mayo is just around the corner - yes, i do eat mexican on that date to celebrate my heritage
- so stoked about speaking at the "Reach Conference" next weekend at abundant life worship center in statesboro - if you're in the S. GA. area next friday and saturday, check it out - it's free! also, really stoked that todd's helping in the conference
- getting excited about the summer events headed our way...camp meeting/conference, moving, summer camps, moving, maybe going to YQ, moving...
- scott hodge has some incredibly great notes on andy stanley's "vision talk" at exponential - check them out here - yes, i'll be using some of these in the days/weeks ahead - some great stuff!
- steven has a great point about leadership - in a nutshell, live life on the lookout
- stetzer's posted a bajillion notes/slides/pdfs from exponential - all church plant related in some capacity if you're interested
- found out about this site for non-profits to receive discounted software/hardware/other - there's a process you have to go through to qualify, i'm working through it now - let you know how it turns out - www.techsoup.org
- i just found this post to be real challenging and encouraging - particularly if you're facing change - the "setting" my be different, but some of the principles are applicable and transferable - which, btw, that's what a principle is - transferable!
- church resources has a list of 15 websites you'll want to bookmark regarding graphics, etc
- YOU'RE RIGHT! there you go, i said it - but seth says it better...
- what's your internet love language? (i expect answers folks...please post your comments and let me know who/what you are...)...flasher? socializer? what?
sunday night download
here are just a few sites and thoughts to wrap up the week: