just finished up teaching about risk tonight at church...here are some key thoughts that i shared
- the bible never calls us to a life of comfort, ease and security - rather it's discomfort, difficulty and danger
- from the old testament to the new testament, the life of faith is a life of risk
- talked about 3 types of risk: foolish risk; faith-filled risk; and failed risk
- for the record, failed risk is the worst - it's doing nothing - remember the parable of the talents and the one who hid his one talent...yea, failed risk...the master returned and told him that he was a "wicked and lazy servant" - talk about a bad day at the office! hiding (or hording) the talent God has given (really, not just the talent but the opportunity) means equates with being lazy and wicked - gut check time...
- i shared a batterson quote that has inspired me through the last few years:
- playing it safe is risky
- this journey of faith is LESS about doing the wrong thing and MORE about doing the right thing