what are the blockages that hinder leadership?
below i've listed 5 that are easy to allow...
- lack of vision - easy enough - talked about it in this post - there's a ton of material available on the subject of vision...which leads to #2
- lack of learning - there's simply no reason to not be informed! there is too much information and too many resources available (many for free), to NOT be informed
- lack of exposure - being exposed to other models of leadership and leaders is key to perspective - let me explain...when you see a new model, you go back and evaluate your model (at least, hopefully you do) - that gives new perspective
- lack of passion - if you're not passionate, don't lead! (cause if you do...it won't be for long)
- lack of relationship - scripture is true when it says, "iron sharpens iron" - that means it takes relationships, to pound, forge and sometimes, put into the fire in order for you and i to continue to increase in capacity. we need relationship (first with God, then with others) - no iron can sharpen itself, it takes another!