- Americans spent more money last year on bottled water than on ipods or movie tickets: $15 Billion.
- Thirty years ago, bottled water barely existed.
- We--a generation raised on tap water and water fountains--drink a billion bottles of water a week, and we're raising a generation that views tap water with disdain and water fountains with suspicion.
- The amount of bottled being transported is equivalent to 37,800 18-wheelers...per week - talk about fuel consumption!
- 1 out of 6 people in the world have no dependable, safe drinking water
- 24% of the bottled water we buy is tap water repackaged by Coke and Pepsi.
- If the water we use at home cost what even cheap bottled water costs, our monthly water bills would run $9,000.
america's other addiction
was at a Christmas party and was talking with a couple of other people about bottled water - i mentioned an article i had read recently about america's other addiction (politicians are fond right now of saying we're addicted to oil...another issue for another day)...anyway, here is a link and below are a few fast facts - it's a lengthy article, but really interesting...