my son's 12, my daughter's 6...fast forward through the time-span of her life (6 years) and in that time my son will be off to either college...or interning with a ministry somewhere...or whatever else God has planned for him. i've tucked my kids into bed the past couple of nights and walked out of their room and literally had the thought..."there's going to be a day when i can't tuck them into bed because they'll be gone"...yes, i've been moved to tears almost every time. i've got to admit...i love being a parent! i learn so much about our Father God through the process of growing as a father. here are a few things i've learned along the way:
- in a crowd, i can hear my kid's voice, cry, concern, or whatever - God hears us
- they can hear mine - we can hear God's voice
- my love is always growing and my affection for my entire family is always deepening - God's love is never ceasing
- my actions toward them speak much more loudly than my words - He gave His Son - the greatest action of all
- i use my words everyday to tell my children 2 important things: 1.) i love them; 2.) i'm proud of them for __________ (i find a specific reason each day to be proud of my kids) - i think God does the same - do we hear Him tell us He's proud of us and He loves us?
- they know without a doubt i love their mom - my bride - and i'll do anything to protect her and reassure her of my love - God does this also - He's jealous for His Bride - the Church - and he'll protect her and reassure her of that love