during my devotion time this morning i came across these verses...
- The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity. 2 Cor. 10:3-6
- God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels. Ephesians 6:12
this is what i know (btw, there's so much in these verses, that my recap of the key takeaways doesn't do justice to the tons of truth in these verses, i suggest you re-read them for yourselves and see what God speaks to you):
- there's an onslaught attack from hell on God's family!
- read that again...it's undeniable!
- i have no need to attack another person
- this isn't a game
- i don't fight like the world does
- there's no time for family feuds w/i the Body of Christ
- life isn't easy
- this is life or death for every encounter, every obstacle, every person
- i HAVE been equipped
- God wants me strong
- it's up to me to pick up the tools God has given to me
- i can be used by God to build lives
- every loose thought, emotion and impulse needs to be shaped into the life Christ wants
i then read through chapter 2 of the book of haggai...check this out:
"'Get to work, Joshua son of Jehozadak—high priest!'
"'Get to work, all you people!'—God is speaking.
"'Yes, get to work! For I am with you.' The God-of-the-Angel-Armies is speaking! 'Put into action the word I covenanted with you when you left Egypt. I'm living and breathing among you right now. Don't be timid. Don't hold back.'
this is what i heard..
God speaks, that spoken word is a call to action - not passivity, not relent, not postponement, it's a call to now. what has God spoken to you? what is the word He has given you? He's speaking and He's with us! He's also "living and breathing among you right now" - don't be timid, don't hold back...it's life or death for people