- don't check email - by far, the easiest to give into but if you do, you'll find someone that 'needs' you right away - when i left georgia, i left email too! best thing i did!
- use your cell for family purposes only - that's right screen every call, still have calls that i don't know who they were from because i didn't have the number, didn't recognize the number and they didn't leave a message - cool with me!
- shut down mentally - i took a grisham book with me because i knew that if i took a 'churchy' book, i'd be reading for reconnaissance - not allowed on vacation - all of my down time (which wasn't much) was spent reading 357 pages of grisham
- remain flexible - we had one day that was a 'rain day' (which was also our last day there and our built in 'recover-from-walking-all-around-mickey-land-day'). when it rained that afternoon (after the pool) we went to chevy's (the best tasting mexican food i know of), then too wal mart for souvenier shopping (yes, authentic walt disney merchandise at wal mart that was about 1/3 the cost of the same product in the parks) and then off to see shrek the 3rd - we kept it fluid (in honor of the rain coming down...tropical storm barry) and we kept it fun!
- look for fun, say 'yes' more than you say 'no' and build memories - the most important is saved for last! - we had more fun than ever, we said 'yes' to our kids more than we said 'no' and we built plenty of memories to last a lifetime, without going broke!
vacation shut down...
top 5 things to do while on vacation: